There are several things I look for in a recipe: the number of ingredients, difficulty level and whether or not the Hubs would like it. Let's get real, if it's got a million crazy ingredients you've added more time to your day and more money to your shopping cart. And if the husband doesn't approve? Well then you've just wasted your time.
My current go-to meals? Crockpot recipes. It leaves fewer dishes and gives me more time to focus on J at night. When I pinned this broccoli cheese soup recipe, I knew the hubs would love it. In the end, the soup was a perfect consistency and the flavor was wonderful. Not too much cheese, not too much broccoli.
You better believe I'll be making this for the in-laws this weekend! So, without further adieu I give you the yummiest broccoli cheese soup.
Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Souprecipe adapted from My Kitchen Apron
- 2 (10 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 carrot
- 1 lb. Velveeta, cubed
- 2 (12 oz.) bags frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 quart half and half
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese and croutons for topping (optional, but I think its necessary!)
- Pulse carrot in food processor.
- Add all ingredients to crock pot and mix.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.