Last week, I promised you a finger-lickin BBQ recipe but then life got in the way of blogging.
How silly is that?
I'm not one who likes to break promises, so without further adieu...
We've had a buffalo chicken crockpot recipe that's had us in a tizzy for months.
But recently, I'm just burnt out on buffalo chicken.
If you knew me IRL, you know I'd pretty much do anything for buffalo chicken. But right now? Not so much. I needed to find an alternative to the crockpot chicken recipe and boy have I found it!
This recipe went above and beyond my expectations. It tasted as if we'd road-tripped to Memphis for some of the best BBQ around. I truly could not believe this tasty meal came from my kitchen!
Shredded BBQ Chicken Recipe:
- 4 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 12oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcesteshire Sauce
1. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken in crockpot.
2. Cover, and cook 4 to 5hours on high
3. Shred the chicken while it is still in the crockpot and leave it in there on low (or warm) setting for 30 minutes to absorb the sauce. We usually let it soak as long as possible.
This BBQ is absolute perfection! But no summer supper is complete without some pasta salad.
Growing up, I just added some italian dressing to our pasta and veggies to make it "pasta salad". That is until Ashley shared her recipe for Kick Ace Pasta Salad.
I was sold on her recipe immediately. In fact, we've already been through two batches. And Jackson? He eats this stuff up as if I was handing him bundles of sugar.
It doesn't get much better. Happy cooking friends!
*linking up with A bowl full of lemons*