I've been stuck in a funk the last few days and I just can't shake it. It begins early in the morning with a screaming toddler who for whatever reason thinks this is the way to wake up right now. But other than that insane screaming, I really have no other reason to be in a funk, yet here I am.
After a laughable conversation with my best friend, she suggested continuing to remind myself why I'm happy. SO?
1. We're in the thick of the Christmas Season!
2. South Carolina has been gracing us with some beautiful weather. (yes, I get happy because of weather.)
3. My best friend will be arriving back in America SO soon.
4. This sweet blog of mine has some fun things in the works and giveaways already happening that I'm so grateful to be able to offer to my readers! (p.s. last day to enter the Blue Bird Bride Giveaway!)
5. After an uphill battle during the Fall season, things are finally winding down at work.
6. Christmas gifts have come together almost painlessly. And? I even have a surprise present for the husband!
7. Jackson got a perfect bill of health at the 3-month follow-up with our ENT yesterday.
8. In just over a month we'll be back in DC for the Inauguration.
9. Today is Wednesday. This is always cause for happiness, yes?
10. I am blessed with an amazing husband and child who love me to the moon and back.
Really, I could go on and on with little things on this list and perhaps that's what I need to do during the days right now. Getting in a funk during this time of year is just awful timing, but reading through these little things does bring a little cheer to my heart.
How do you get out of funk?