What I do know, is that you just can't go wrong with graham crackers, marshmallow and Hershey's chocolate squares. National S'mores Day is actually happening this Saturday, August 10. How could a foodie not honor such a worthy holiday?!
Here's the catch, August is by far one of our hottest months. So, I'm not quite itching to start up a fire and roast some marshmallows. In order to honor this holiday (because how could you not?!) I've been on the search for some campfire-not-needed S'mores recipes.
I'll have you know, Pinterest is full of S'more inspired ideas. This S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar recipe has had my taste buds dancing since first pin. Rather than prodding at a fire all afternoon, I managed to satisfy our S'mores craving with just a 30 minute stint in the kitchen!
S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
recipe from Say Yes to Hoboken
4 bars Hershey's Bars
1 bag Mini Marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Layer bottom of pan with graham crackers.
3. Roll out cookie dough onto parchment paper. Then flip rolled dough over onto the graham crackers.
Bake the graham cracker and cookie dough layer for 10 minutes or until cooked almost through.
4. Remove from oven and cover with Hershey's bars. Then layer on the bag of mini marshmallows.
5. Finish by placing the layered dish into the oven on Lo broil for several minutes. *please watch this closely as every oven will broil at different rates.
I woke my husband from his nap to try this new dessert straight out of the oven. It is that good, y'all!
If you give this recipe a try let me know!
Also, stop by later this week for a S'more Recipe Roundup to get you all pumped for the weekend's National S'mores Day!
linking up with: Home Stories A to Z, Mostly Homemade Mom, 36th Avenue, Lambert's Lately, Uncommon Designs, Kitchen Meets Girl
Stay social with us: