This Apple Cake recipe originated years ago in Paula Deen cookbook, but please don't hold that against it. As you may suspect the sugar and butter called for could give the healthiest of hearts an attack. So, to save us a trip to the ER, portions have been modified :)
This Apple Cake boasts a rich flavor & deep Fall flavors!
My Dad lives just down the road from my favorite apple orchard in North Carolina. Thankfully, he delivered an entire peck of apples to our house on his last visit! Then life got away with me and these apples almost went bad before baking. That would've been such a shame!
This apple cake was the perfect welcome to the Fall season for our household. While I enjoyed the cake with a tall glass of milk, Brandon much preferred a scoop of vanilla bean. Whichever way you serve it up, there's no doubt every last bite will fill your soul with a bit of seasonal spirit.
While you're around, don't miss out on week two of Life Created Tuesdays! Jump over to check out this week's feature's and add your latest project, recipe or tutorial to the Life Created Tuesdays link up :)
Apple Cake with Caramel Glaze
modified from The Charm of Home
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp pumpkin spice
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 1/2 cups apples, canned or fresh (diced)
1 1/2 stick of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1/8 cup of milk
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside.
2. Cream together sugar, eggs, and oil. Mix flour and pumpkin spice; add to sugar mixture until well blended. Blend in vanilla.
3. Then fold in walnuts and diced apples.
4. Spread into prepared baking dish; bake for 45 to 50 minutes (cake is done when toothpick comes out clean).
5. Prepare the glaze while cake bakes. Melt butter over medium, heat adding in brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for about two minutes.
6. When cake is done, punch holes in it with a knife and let cool for 5 minutes. Then pour glaze over the cake and serve.
linking up with Chef in Training, It's Overflowing, Wake Up Wednesdays, Mostly Homemade Mom , Lambert's Lately
Stay social with The View From 510: