Successfully presenting your child with a meal they'll actually eat is like hitting the 400M Power Ball. And just like someone in my Famously Hot city, I've hit the jackpot with this Sour Cream Noodle Bake. Sure, my jackpot won't pay out in a total of 200+ million over the course of 29 years, but at least my toddler and husband are fed and happy!
This is a great week-night meal, and perfect for leftover work lunches. This casserole is even better the next day; so, I try to serve this dish Monday night and plan any leftovers for my lunches. Some weeks though, there's not a serving left in sight!
Sour Cream Noodle Bake Recipe
recipe via Plain Chicken
1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
1 lb ground beef
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x9 casserole dish and set aside.
2. Cook noodles according to package, drain and set aside.
3. Brown the meat while noodles boil; drain and return to skillet. Add pepper, garlic salt and tomato sauce. Stir and simmer for about five minutes or until ingredients are well blended.
4. Mix together noodles, cottage cheese, and sour cream.
5. Layer noodle mixture on bottom of casserole dish. Then top with meat sauce and cover with cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serves 6-8.
*linking up with Cooking on the Front Burner, Home Stories A to Z, Kitchen Meets Girl
Be sure to stop back by tonight for week four of Life Created Tuesdays link party! I'm loving all of last week's projects and we have some fabulous features in store this week :)
Stay social with The View From 510: