There are a handful of ways I could introduce today's treat.
A cool mid-day snack.
A toddler-friendly kitchen recipe.
A solution to the ripe bananas always to be found in the kitchen.
However you label it, these Chocolate-Dipped Bananas are a win!
So, when an event left me with bags upon bags of extra Hershey bars, I knew chocolate-dipped bananas was one recipe we'd definitely be trying in the 510 House! Frozen bananas have been tempting my Pinterest boards all Summer, and with Fall refusing to cool down these were the ideal treat.
We grabbed some cake pop sticks and halloween themed sprinkles and we were ready!
Grab a few shallow dishes for your toppings, and you'll have a nice afternoon activity with the family. Jackson loved getting his hands in on some melted chocolate and sprinkles. Reminder: have a few extra toppings on hand for tasting toddlers and husbands. It's also good incentive for getting everyone involved.
I have a whole list of toppings we'll be testing out with our frozen bananas. Chopped nuts, graham crackers, pistachios, more chocolate :)
3 large ripe bananas, halved
6 cake pop or popsicle sticks
8 oz. milk or semi-sweet chocolate, melted
sprinkles, chopped nuts, graham crackers (optional toppings)
1. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place a cake pop or popsicle stick into the halved bananas and place on prepared cookie sheet. Freeze for at least one hour.
3. Place toppings into shallow dish. Set aside.
4. Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until chocolate is melted.
5. Dip the bananas into chocolate and then toppings. Return to prepared cookie sheet and freeze for at least one hour. Serve when the chocolate has set!
*linking up with Home Stories From A to Z, Wake Up Wednesdays, Mostly Homemade Mom, Lambert's Lately, Uncommon Designs
Stay social with The View From 510: