As we come down from the Holiday high, our hearts fizzle from the anticipation of Christmas Day. But friends, this is my favorite part of it ALL! The anticipation of Christmas is special, but it doesn't stop there, in fact it's just the beginning.
We pray and gather and silence ourselves in the weeks before the celebration of Christmas and that's great, but I think it's the potential filled in the days immediately following that we're missing out on!
He is here! Now what? Take down Christmas decorations and move on? No!
It's time to seek Him, friends.
Don't lead yourself into the new year without first preparing yourself for the days ahead. Seek Him. Ask for clarity on what you've learned in the last year. Ask for guidance as you charge into the new year. Praise. Repentance. Prayer. However you do it, just do it.
It's not about being the perfect you. It's about accepting that some things worked this year, some things didn't and that's all okay because His promises are still true.
I'm a fan of the big-picture look at a year and thought I'd share a free Year in Review worksheet with y'all today!
What didn't work? What did work? What did you learn? Top three takeaways?
Friends, I want this to be your best year yet. I want you to see the goodness in your days and the Hope He provides. Click the image below to get the printable version of the Year in Review worksheet.
A few friendly guidelines for filling out your worksheet:
- Don't overthink it! You can print it multiple times. Write out whatever is on your heart!
- There are no wrong answers.
- It's a fresh year, a fresh start. Be honest. Dig deep. Dream big.
Here's a snippet of what my worksheet lists look like:
What didn't work:
- social media distractions
- playing into the comparison game
- missing days in His Word
What did work:
- putting Jesus at the center
- putting fear on the sideline
- making & executing smaller, more attainable goals
- stepping out of comfort zones
- building community
What I learned:
- I need set hours each day to disconnect from my phone and social media.
- I will never be someone else. My story is mine and it is worthy.
- Open the Bible every day.
Top Three Takeaways
- It's all for His glory.
- He is always good.
- Joy doesn't just happen for me. And? It's okay to need to take intentional steps to cultivate joy.